Oxwell Vise Problem

hackley69

Registered
Registered
I can not load pictures for some reason so maybe someone will know the vise I'm talking about. I have Oxwell vise I have is the small one with double rotating jaws. The problem I have is the movable jaw does not open when turning the vise handle. I could make or find a spring or some way to make it work but would like to fix it properly. I you have one and could tell me what is used would be a great help.

Yes that is the same vise I have. I have looked for a picture of one disassembled but with no luck.Thanks for posting the picture now other members will know what I'm talking about and maybe can help.

I have that same vise. Mine worked fine the last I tinkered with it except for the rubber suction pad is torn. This weekend i can snap some photos of it if you want. Tell me what you want to see and I'll get the pics posted here for you.
-Spike

Thanks for the offer to help. When I unscrew my vise handle to open the vise the screw backs out of the vise and the jaws do not open. I neec to see how the movable jaw is secured to the vise screw. Thanks again.

Problem solved. The small phillips head screw you see in the picture fits into a groove in the vise handle. This screw had been broken on the end and was too short.

Go onto you tube and lookup a chap by the name of Tom Lipton. His channels is called Oxtoolco He put together videos on how to make these vices and there is a section where he stripped one of them

Back