OT Kicking Rocks on Friday Morning

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
We're finally getting some nice weather here this past week, and I had a bit of time to kill this morning before getting my hair cut. Figured I'd take a spin down to the water and just hang for a bit. We used to live right here on the water so there's lots of nice memories. And for years now there's been a pair of battered old Adirondack chairs that perch up on the rocks. No idea who put them there, and although they're covered in carved initials and get moved around occasionally they never get stolen. I like that.

Anyway, rounded the corner today and ran in to this patch of yachts out for a morning race. When the tide is running there's a pretty swift current through Enterprise Channel here, and combined with the breeze and number of boats there was some pretty fancy maneuvering going on. One skipper waited just a bit too long to make his turn and ended up having to do the equivalent of crossing about four lanes of freeway traffic. It was close, like real close, and judging by the amount of shouting and jumping about on the decks there were probably some very strong words at the club afterwards! Wish the photos could do more justice to how close these vessels actually were to each other.

Just thought I'd share the pictures, too nice of a day to go unrecognized. Thanks for looking!

-frank

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Just down right beautiful! Love the mountain range in the background.

Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Yeah, it was a clear day today. I could actually see Mt Baker a little further along which doesn't always happen. That mountain range is the Olympics, on your guys's side of the strait :) (we're looking roughly towards the hook of the Olympic peninsula)

-frank

Beautiful.. I've always enjoyed the short times when I've been fortunate to visit your area.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Beautiful area Frank.
Thanks for sharing.
-brino

We lived in Coquitlam for a few years. We had a small cruiser that we kept in Port Moody. Had lots of great times exploring the sunshine coast.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

David

Last edited:
Back