OT - Advertising Copy Goes from Indecipherable to Just Plain Stupid.

We're all used to ad copy that is gibberish. This, from a listing for carbide threading inserts on AE, takes it to another level. Trying to envision a use for a threading insert in the kitchen.

Product sellpoints​

• Stainless steel: The pressed thread tool is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is durable and has a long service life.
  • Convenient & simple design: The pressed thread tool is easy to use, and it can be used for many times. you can also use it as a small tool in your kitchen.
  • Widely uses: This pressed thread tool is suitable for all kinds of cutting tools, such as metal, stainless steel, plastic, wood, ceramics, etc.
Like you don't thread your carrots to fit the thread in your potatoes.

When I bought my orange Harbor Freight cement mixer a few years ago, the directions were indecipherable. I ended up watching a YouTube video on how to actually put it together. Went together great.

Would like too SEE how stainless machine stainless steel though as described as mainly used on stainless steel.

I worked at a farm equipment lot assembling German hay equipment. No documentation, one tedder assembled on the lot. I built 13 just like it. The regional sales guy came by and said they were all assembled wrong. I told him they matched the only one I had ever seen.

I saw somewhere sometime that the included instructions began with "Assembly of Japanese bicycle require peaceful mind".

Back