Osaki Mini Lathe Information Needed

Sceadu50

Registered
Registered
Hi all, I have just bought a second hand mini lathe that is under the the name of OSAKI ML300 for a bargain and would like to know the good points and what to look for in this lathe, the ideal for myself is to do small tuning work, like shafts for helicopters and a few other things on my old Truimph T100 as well

Still looks like a nice lathe. Can't find a manual online. Only thing close is a 220 volt unit.

Hi all, I have just bought a second hand mini lathe that is under the the name of OSAKI ML300 for a bargain and would like to know the good points and what to look for in this lathe, the ideal for myself is to do small tuning work, like shafts for helicopters and a few other things on my old Truimph T100 as well
=====================================================

With the exception of some parts on the control panel. It sure looks like this one from Harbor Freight. --- John

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-x-12-inch-precision-mini-lathe-93799.html

Little Machine Shop sells this lathe and stocks parts for it. Had the Harbor Freight model and it wasn't a bad lathe for the money.
Was able to thread with it. Check ou
Check out the following forum:
HARBOR FREIGHT, CENTRAL MACHINERY & BUSY BEE
Lots of info there.

I noticed your lathe has the emergency stop where you can reach it. I noticed other units were different or switches in different order. I hope she serves you well for many years.

Thanks guys, appreciate your replies and one thing is for sure, a four jaw independent chuck will be the first on my shopping list, and a lot of chips to be made as well, as it use only 220V, any other ideas of modifications would be appreciated

One suggestion if there isn't a place to hang or store your chuck key make a holder. That way you will not get in a hurry and leave it in a three or four jaw chuck. That is why some lathes have shields over their chucks. If there is a shield it also helps to keep cutting fluids from slinging all over the operator when it hits the jaws.

Good luck with all your new projects

Back