Options For High Speed Milling

so youll be leaving the router and bracket attached at all times? or your thinking that attaching the bracket to the quill will keep tram after removal and installation.

so youll be leaving the router and bracket attached at all times? or your thinking that attaching the bracket to the quill will keep tram after removal and installation.

I'll remove the router from the bracket when using the main spindle. When using the router I cut down the flow of coolant to a trickle but when using the main spindle it's wide open. I wouldn't want coolant getting into the router motor. My Z axis DRO is attached to the bracket so the bracket will will stay unless it gets in the way of my set up/fixturing. This is my intent but we'll see how it goes and adjust from there.

I loosened the bracket and moved it vertically then retightened the clamp bolts. Checked the tram and it was the same. I'll do a more thorough check later but my initial check indicates tram should be repeatable.

Tom S.

I originally checked the router tram using 123 blocks. Rechecking the tram with the indicator sweeping the table tram was out .005" in X and Y. Evidently I had some debri under the 123 blocks and got erroneously high readings. Ended up with a .003" "U" shaped shim under one of the collar bolts. Tram is now within .0005" in X and Y.

Haven't checked repeatability yet but will see how it works out the first time I remove the router and bracket.

Tom S.

Back