opinions on entry level outside micrometers.

Well, after reading all your comment and using some common sense I decided that the old vernier type is the one I should get, I do take reasonable care of my tools no matter how much they cost but all my battery operated tools lose their power during our cold winter months so I'm not going to add another one to the list if I can help it.

Found a great deal on Amazon Canada ,when I saw the price I couldn't believe my eyes , sometimes amazon prices get all out of whack, then they realize the got hosed and fix the price to where it should be, I found a Mitutoyo 103-262 on the Canadian amazon for $75, almost half the price on the US side, couldn't pay for it fast enough, lol. later on I checked the price and it jumped to $219 CDN$. I hope they don't cancel the sale or find some lame excuse to not honor their advertised price.
This is the mic I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/Mitutoyo-103-262-Micrometer-Baked-enamel-Graduation/dp/B0006J417S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511060717&sr=8-2&keywords=Mitutoyo+103-262+Outside+Micrometer&dpID=41%2Bd6mE6OQL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

71SRITSg-2L._SL1500_.jpg

I like the mechanical digital mics. Bought a nice set of 0-4" Fowler's new off eBay for around $65. I've picked up used Mitutoyo and no-names for each tool cart at my mills and lathes. No issues with them so far. I have a couple of electronic 0-1" Mitutoyo and a pair of 1-2" digitals from Reid tools, but tend to stick with the mechanical digitals.

I've picked up a plethora of mics off eBay in the various styles: blade, spline (think that's the term), point, etc. Lots of options out there used. No need to compromise quality when buying used, sooo many old good tools out there.

Bruce

Back