Opinion on Lathe milling attach, now that I have a mill should I sell it?

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Now that I have a mill, I was thinking putting up my milling attachment for sale on ebay. Is there any purpose to the milling attachment now that I have a mill? I can't think of anything that I would need the milling attachment for.

Anyone have a good reason that I should keep it?

You probably won't get much for it just by itself. But if it's included with the lathe when you sell it, it may be enough to clinch the sale. +1 for keeping it if it as long as it doesn't eat anything (though that might include critical space in your shop???)

Can't recall the reason but I did use mine last fall, have the same situation as you. As hman says it might be a deal closer on another machine.
Have a good day
Ray

i maybe interested, i need some small milling done

thanx

Now that I have a mill, I was thinking putting up my milling attachment for sale on ebay. Is there any purpose to the milling attachment now that I have a mill? I can't think of anything that I would need the milling attachment for.

Anyone have a good reason that I should keep it?

I don't understand, sell a tool? It does not compute. :confused: :grin: I would keep it, you might have your mill tied up someday and need to mill a part.

I did actually sell a milling attachment once. At one point I had an Atlas 10 and a South Bend 9 lathes. Then I got a good deal on an SB 9A. I don't really need two lathes (nice to have though) and I certainly don't need three. So, as Hman says, I sold it with the lathe and I'm sure that was what clinched the deal on the Atlas and brought a much better price.

I also have a mini mill and a horizontal mill.

Butt I still have my milling attachment for my South Bend lathes. It came in handy when I was making 25 of the same part. I can't imagine thee circumstances where I'd sell it, though they may exist.

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I'll keep it. Thought I would use the money and space for more tooling.
Better to have , than to want I guess.

Back