[How do I?] Oops ... Now It's Too Small

Why'd you heat it in the oven. I would assume that it would shrink when cold, and that's why you're off in size.
I would have cut it while cold, then wait for it to cool, then do a final.
When it expands from heat, it would be nicely locked on.

I heated the collet chuck in the oven, not the back plate. I actually used an ice pack on the back plate

Appears your mistake is the best answer: Wiggle Room to dial it in just right!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I have to ask Tony, Is that Richard Petty in your Avatar Pic?

Appears your mistake is the best answer: Wiggle Room to dial it in just right!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I have to ask Tony, Is that Richard Petty in your Avatar Pic?
You have to ask??? Yes it is. Unmistakable.

Yup, last November at Texas Motor Speedway. Met him and got to talk with him at length. My daughter (in pic) won hot passes for all 3 days for that race series.

Tony, I had to ask before blurting out my reaction. I am a fan of Petty Enterprises & a fan of the whole concept of innovation in racing (God rest it's soul). I just find it brilliant that a QC guy, such as yourself, would honor 1 of the most famous innovators in the sport. Car Craft 1968: They attributed Petty going 5mph over the rest of the field to his vinyl top - never mind the quasy baffling all under the car. Once when a privateer parked next to his race car, a big stink was raised to git that car out of here for fear that the subtle changes on Petty's car would be realized. Great times! Brilliant Tony!!!

You could center it on the lathe and drip some loctite around the edge . Let it dry and it won't move. Use green or red . Mixed get purple nah

Back