Only One Week Left To Object To Proposed Itar Censorship Of Gunsmithing Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, but if you take what the State Department does- Foreign Affairs the private citizens are safe from them. It is more of a legal issue in that how does a department that deals in foreign affairs control what a private citizen does in his/her own country. Where does the department get their legal authority to control a private citizen and their speech if is not directed outside of the US?

Additionally, when dealing with ITAR, it is specific to each country. Information is strictly controlled with say, North Korea, but readily shared with the UK. So, the definition of "military important" would be based on the specific country. Something you would not even consider regulated is regulated by ITAR; handcuffs are heavily regulated in particular countries due to human rights violations.

If the intent of a hobby forum is to export knowledge then I understand where the State Department can have an impact. The major issue I see are the members of a forum that are outside of the US and from specific countries. But there are ways to block IP addresses from outside the country.

Last I checked the State Department does not have legal authority over a private citizen in our own country. If said private citizen is working with another country, things change.

Just ramblings, not meant to stir the pot. And I hope I didn't violate any rules of the forum.

OK now folks lets keep this civil. You guys are on the line please don't cross it and make me lock this thread.
****G***

This thread is titled One Week Left, it started on July 28th. It has passed it's limit of that one week. It has also started to veered a little off track.. Time to reel it back in folks. Gator is not the only one watching here. Cool it or Loose it.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'D SAY LETS JUST GET THE WAR STARTED BUT THEY WILL PROBABLY LIMIT THE MORON TAGS TO ONE OR TWO PER PERSON

This thread is locked. This forum is not a soapbox for proliferating one's own political views on ANY matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back