One Shot / Pump Oiler

bosephus

Registered
Registered
Before I start combing eBay and give my money to a stranger I though I'd ask here first .

I need a one shot/ pump oiler of some type for my surface grinder .
I'm not real particular on what it is as long as it will pump oil .
If you have something i can use at a reasonable price you'd be helping me out a whole bunch

Thanks

Hi Bosephus
You can try a scrapper or truck spares place for a truck "cab lift pump". It is a small manual hydraulic oil pump that is used to lift or lower truck cabs over the engine bay. I was lucky and got a virtually brand new one from a friend in the industry. I will try and post a picture a bit later today

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

My grinder was missing the oiler when I got it,too. I ended up using a mini grease gun with a few modifications.

rhynardt

that was quite the suggestion , good enough i just spent a couple hours scrounging around the local truck junk yard looking for one .
unfortunatly here in the states cab over trucks have been pretty much out of use the last 25 years and i struck out .

the only two tractors i found that still had the pumps was complete trucks ad they wouldnt sell parts .. darn .

You could use any type of pneumatic or hydraulic (small) cylinders and two, one-way check valves as a pump. Clippard makes great cylinders in their "Minimatic" line. You will have to push down manually for a few seconds, it wouldn't pump it for you unless you build a external spring into the design. Parker makes good fittings, they probably have small check valves.

Add some 1/8" copper lines (pinch near outlet to add as a metering unit if you need) and you have an oiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea Andre could you draw a diagram of how to assemble this. I think you would need a check valve at each end of the cylinder. thomas s

Great idea Andre could you draw a diagram of how to assemble this. I think you would need a check valve at each end of the cylinder. thomas s

Here you go. Pardon the makeshift Microsoft Paint drawing.

0anIe5B.png

this may be a bit late, but McMaster Carr does sell one shot pumps if i'm not mistaken.

Back