One Shot Lube System, Use Teflon Tape For Threaded Connections?

Sendit

Registered
Registered
Are you suppose to use teflon tape, thread sealant on the connects that thread in to the machine it self (2 90 degree eblows on the need, meters screw in to the manifold, etc)?

I didn't use teflon tape when I plumbed my PM-932 nor did I use thread sealant. No particular reason, maybe just lazy. I don't have a good reason why you couldn't. Not much help am I?

Tom S.

I see no reason why you couldn't, but i'm not sure it's needed.

I think it's most important when using steel on steel. After years of being together they may be very hard to separate. Pipe fittings are more easily removed if they have been Teflon taped.

I use yellow Teflon tape on the pipe threads, I also noted that the factory machine I have also does this on their threaded pipe fittings on the oiler system. I use Teflon tape mostly because the threads can be a bit rough and not a perfect match. If you use Teflon tape/sealant I would be careful to only put it on the male thread only and start 1-2 threads back, so you will not getting any in the oiler system. The tubing ID is very small and easily blocked. When I cut the tubing lines, I carefully ream the end and check that the line is clear. Normally I do not use it on compression fittings, but a few times I have had a small leak, and I use a small amount of Teflon tape/dope where the interface seals.

iron on iron fittings yes use tape. brass fittings not required.

fixit

Are you suppose to use teflon tape, thread sealant on the connects that thread in to the machine it self (2 90 degree eblows on the need, meters screw in to the manifold, etc)?
Likely these fittings are made with Dryseal pipe thread (like all brass tube fittings) sealant is not required.

Back