Olivetti T6 Drill Machine

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
Help needed in finding info for a Olivetti Drill Press. Someone had one on here a while back. I need anything I can get.

"Billy G"

102_0696 (700 x 465).jpg 102_0697 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First stop was a dead end. I contacted Tony at www.lathes.co.uk. He agrees it is worth restoring but has no info on it. Back to the search. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

"Billy G"

Spent a bit of time this evening going through more boxes of manuals from the estate sale,
only got as close as an OLIver Tractor manual... Nothing for Olivetti - yet. :biggrin:

_Dan

I believe they used to make typewriters.

Ollivetti still makes Typewriters. Not sure if the companies are the same. I am looking into it now. The name on the tag is "Officina Meccanica". This is getting tougher every minute.

"Billy G"

Someone had one on here a while back.

I believe that might have been me. http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php?t=18673

Only info I could find onlince was this guys stuff (and it's not much)

"Olivetti Precision Drill PressThis drill press is capable of 60 to 12,000 RPM. It has a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) which allows full torque at very low rpms and adjustable acceleration/deceleration. Motor is 3 phase, 1/2 HP. Head is raised hydraulically by operating lever on left. Lowering is done by pushing lever rearward. The spindle is lever operated with about 4" of travel. The chuck is an Albrecht keyless with diamond grit jaws for gripping carbide. "

Maybe send him an email and see if he has anything? I was going to but it's way on the back burner for me so I let it slide. I would be interested in anything you find if you don't mind sharing.

Yes, it's you. That is the exact same Drill Press. When you have tine could you take a picture for me with the belt cover off? It would be greatly appreciated. Mine looks like something is missing. With your info we are one step closer. I sent an email to the man today.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I need. From what I see I am OK. Now, the top spindle bearing on mine has a threaded hole in the center. It's open, is yours the same or is there a plug of some kind? Sorry to put you thru this but so far you are all I have to check things. Hopefully we will have the info we need soon.

"Billy G"

Back