old stevens favorite

well this old gun has been a ball in the tree rat killing 22 and 17 mach 2 has been a great walk around gun in the woods its light sleek and accurate thanks for all the complements View attachment 28836

well this old gun has been a ball in the tree rat killing 22 and 17 mach 2 has been a great walk around gun in the woods its light sleek and accurate thanks for all the complements View attachment 28836
I just got a buy on a Mod.72 which is a new version of the favorite[although they stuck it with the old name of "crackshot" which is actually a different design] the mod.71 is called the "favorite" they are nearly Identical and came out right around 1972.I also have the Mod.30 which is an even newer version,the 30 is knowhere near as nicely done[finished] as the 72 [metal and wood], although the Walnut in the 30's stock is actually a much better grade of wood .Finishing on the 30 was bare bones,no case hardening and the MIM cast parts may save money and time but they're unsightly[to me],However,as a shooter I love them both and you can carry them all day and never know it .I have actually carried them more than anything else ,except my Rem.513 T with a Lyman Super target spot scope which I carry when I need to shoot tiny groups or little critters at 100 yds It was my summer chuck rifle,but when I got the 72 I've been carrying it ever since.
You did a great job on that old girl,Normks, I like the old ones better by far,I haven't got one yet, but I'm looking aroung for a OLD Steven's favorite or if I'm real lucky a Walnut Hill or something would be welcome at my place ! Good Luck.

Back