Old School

You might be old school if, your first set of wheels had no seat belts, three pedals, and a flat head motor. Mike
I'll top that; my first car was a model T Ford; I did upgrade soon after with a 1926 Dodge coupe.

Back when drawings were done on vellum, the notation NTS often actually meant "not too sure"

Back when I could still work I use to get engineered truss drawing marked "Imperial Analog" used here.
My younger Boss asked me one day what that meant. " They just can't find a book reference to back it up so that's their best guess"
After that whenever there was a problem the boss sent them to me so I could make 'em squirm. I would usually just hand them my hammer and say "Show me what you want me to do"
After a while, the word came down from management that any problems with trusses should be brought to me so I could write up a field fix report that would automatically be redrawn and engineered stamped to my specs.
Moral of the story. "Old School " knowledge beats "Imperial Analog" every time.
**Gator**

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be old school if you used to go to concerts where actual humans played actual instruments.

You might be old school if your first calculator was one you built.

You're definitely old school if you remember when a 2x4 was 2" by 4".

Might be old school if the first cash register you used had little pop up numbers and a crank handle, and people actually knew how to make change without a computer telling them how much to give back.

You might be old school if you used to go to concerts where actual humans played actual instruments.

You might be old school if your first calculator was one you built.

You're definitely old school if you remember when a 2x4 was 2" by 4".

My house was built in 1888 & has 1 7/8 x 3 7/8 "2 X 4's". I'd hate to be old enough to remember actual ones.

You might be old school if your flat belt slips off the pulley;

You may be just a little more "Old School" if you still prefer laced Leather flat belts to the new composite glue together ones.

Or if you could say "Whiskey,Tango,Foxtrot and everyone would know what you were saying. :)

Just saying if you see this buy it! (I have no connection to Cabot except being a very happy customer, this is probably my favorite cheddar)

cabot_5_year.jpg

Back