Old School

You might be old school if your CAD system is a desk, a t-square, some triangles and an eraser mask, a rotary lead sharpener, some vellum, and various pencil leads from around 2B to 6H hardness in your mechanical pencils. Wait, that is my current CAD system, though more usually it is the back of an envelope...

I'm doomed........... I must be pre-historically ancient school. Almost all of them apply to me. Missed me on the spring reverb, and the 1 room schoolhouse tho.

Doomed? You are just a pup. LOL At 71 years old I can remember them all and then some. LOL The one room schoolhouse was in Cooperstown NY.

You might be old if you never left the house without your pocket knife. Most of us had a Barlow as Mumbly-peg was the norm. Also carried marbles and baseball cards. Pennies to, for playing pitch.

Anyone remember outdoor plumbing?

"Billy G"
Agreed Bill not having a pocket knife is like not having a watch ! still carry one all the time, bugs me when I have to pack it to board a plane ! Our were William or Joseph Rogers of Sheffield.

The first mobile phone I had was an VHF radio. You looked for a channel that had a dial tone, keyed the mike and the operator came on. You gave her your XJ phone number and the number you wanted to connect to.

Greg

Tighten -- rag fibers are left behind and embedded into the old threads. You are also old school if you know how to tighten an external thread with a hammer.

Is that the same as saying "If you haven't fixed it, you haven't used a big enough hammer". LOL.

You might be old school if, your first set of wheels had no seat belts, three pedals, and a flat head motor. Mike

Like this one, my first 3 cars were flathead fords, a 31 A model, a 38 clubman coupe, a 49 custom, although that one was a bit modern it had 3 on the tree the first two had mechanical brakes, not hydraulic. The first one was a crash gearbox the other two had synchro (well sort of) on 2nd and 3rd.

Back