Old School

If you used to take vacuum tubes to the drug store to use the tube tester there, and the store actually sold new tubes.

Why yes @ the local Rexall. And then there were the X-Ray shoe fitting machines later found to be seriously dangerous.

You might be old school if you remember that Sears Roebuck sold prefab house kits from their catalog.

Old but really America phone W32 still have it right here and them bas89rds shut it off. We all got
forced into buy them battery phones wireless. That is not secure!! like hard wired. anybody can
scan You in and listen to you. cell phone same thing > anything can be intercepted on the"free
waves act" Yes I have a despicable phone in my pocket only if I get stuck or a attack. I lived
longer than now with phone booths and never got stuck. Its all out of control. Now the bathroom
Delmar brought to my attention all have been inspected by plumbing inspectors; result nothing
wrong with plumbing ; its the people. These people don't need assistance from politicians, they
need assistance from the medical field like its now 3 /4 of the country holy smokes is this catchy
looks like epidermic,s to me... were I come from never seen this stuff......

You might be old school if your phone # was 3125 (1948 Hartland WI)

Even in the late 60s, when I was in college in a small town in Iowa, you only had to dial 5 numbers. There was only one prefix (385, I think) so you just dialed 5-xxxx. To get the small town down the road, you only dialed 7-xxxx.

Houston used to use prefixes like CA-1234, and so on. Then around 1968 it went to all numbers and only had one area code, 713. Look at it now, close to ten area codes now and the original phone number can be found in most of the area codes now! I sure all large cities in the country have multiple area codes now. The five digit phone number went away when I was born in the town I was raised in. They put MO in front of the number, which stood for MOhawk!

Even in the late 60s, when I was in college in a small town in Iowa, you only had to dial 5 numbers. There was only one prefix (385, I think) so you just dialed 5-xxxx. To get the small town down the road, you only dialed 7-xxxx.
In the 1950's in a small town in S.W. Minnesota, we had a three digit phone number, 416, still remember it. I was taught how to use the phone by my parents at about age 7, with a strict rule that I could only use it for emergency calls without parental assistance. The number was hand written on the dial of the old Bakelite phone, and you picked up the phone and waited for the operator to say "number please." Gee, I guess I might be getting older, beats the alternative...:)

I retired as an electrician. Went to machinist school a long time ago but had to put food on the table. Always loved machine work but ended up as "Sparkey" Now I am staying out from under Grandma' feet in my hobby machine garage! The advancements in machinist technology is amazing. Lay Out Blue was high tech back in day when I went to school. lol

Back