Old School

You might be old school if you didn't get your first pair of long pants until you were about 12 years old

pete

You might be Old School if you still haven't kicked the habit of driving with one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas trying to keep the motor from stalling at stop signs 'cause of your crap carburetor. My Straight Six 300 runs pretty good but I still drive like that, even with the fuel injected models.

I had a horrible vision that it would be something like that, but I have never heard of one before and certainly never seen one. However back in the day, the early 60'sw we used to make our own using a short length of audio tape made up into a loop , running continuously past an erase head, a record head then 4 or 5 playback heads each one with its own gain control, some of them even had a variable speed control. we called them echo boxes.
Echo, reverb, and tremolo are all quite different sounds.

My Grand Daughter is here. She loves to go thru the old record stack and just look for groups she knows. She happened to mention that she had never heard of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. The discussion began, class was in. We may not be called the greatest generation but we sure are the fortunate one. We have lived long enough to have heard every type of music that has ever existed, and first hand at that. Think about it people.

"Billy G"

You might be Old School if you used a slingshot to kill robins in the backyard which your mother would breast out and cook with polenta for dinner.

Kids and grand kids try to debate with you who sang the song first. and you can pull out he old records and play the song by the original artist.

another one is that your checking account number is to short for most systems. Keep getting told that my checking account number is not valid it does not have enough digits, (same account in same bank since I was 9 years old)

You might be Old School if you shot rats in the town dump with a flashlight black taped to your your .22.

Bought a new tool box, when migrating from the old one I keep finding old school tools, have 2 sets of Starrett tool makers buttons in pristine shape, anyone that wants them they are free plus postage, I know that collectors like these type of tools.

This is not an Ad just an offer of antique tools for "free" (Postage). I have no use for them, the next time that they are moved will be to the scrap bin.

I dislike scrapping tools even those that will never be used.

Back