Old Schaublin 70

7mag

Active User
Registered
I got this little Schaublin about 25-30 years ago. It had a lot of miles on it when I got it, but works fine for me. I use it to make small screws and bushings. I couldn't find a Schaublin cross slide for it(probably couldn't afford it if I did find one) so I have a Gilman cross slide on it.
This little thing is just fun to operate.

schaublin and small screws 001.JPG schaublin and small screws 003.JPG schaublin and small screws 004.JPG schaublin and small screws 005.JPG

Hi,
It looks like it might take the F12 style collets. Can you tell me more about the Gilman compound? I have an old SV70 that I haven't put into operation yet. Mine takes the W12 style collets and is from the 1950's. These little guys just keep on turnin. (just like Proud Mary...) :)
Maurice

I bought the Gilman slides from ebay. They were two seperate slides, I bolted them together. I replaced the lead screws (the origional screws were too fine thread) and made them so I could use ball thrust bearings. It works pretty good.
There are two Schaublin 70s on Denton Texas craigslist that has a compound slide listed for $150. I have tried several times to contact them through their listing but they don't reply.
Wish I knew someone in Denton Texas. I sure would like to have an origional Schaublin compound.

Back