Old Logan Lathes

LJF

Registered
Registered
I just recently bought a 1941 Logan lathe. Serial number 15151 . My question is how do I tell which model this lathe is??? It's in pretty good shape. I believe the motor,switch,and drive belts have been messed with. It was made before the quick change gearbox so I have a milk crate of different gears. It also appears to be a 9 inch machine . Any help would be appreciated .

I just recently bought a 1941 Logan lathe. Serial number 15151 . My question is how do I tell which model this lathe is??? It's in pretty good shape. I believe the motor,switch,and drive belts have been messed with. It was made before the quick change gearbox so I have a milk crate of different gears. It also appears to be a 9 inch machine . Any help would be appreciated .
Might be a 400, but take a look around http://store.lathe.com/machinemanuals.html and see if you can identify it. Also post some pictures here.

Last edited:
At that lathe.com site, you can email Scott Logan and he likely can not only tell you the model, but who that machine was originally sold to. My guess, based on serial #, is that it is a model 200, sold to the US military.

I have a 1941 but it a MW #1601

At that lathe.com site, you can email Scott Logan and he likely can not only tell you the model, but who that machine was originally sold to. My guess, based on serial #, is that it is a model 200, sold to the US military.
I have a 1941 #1601, how would I find out who it was sold too?

I have a Logan model 210, SN 14769, built in early July of 1941 and sold to Char-Lynn Hydraulics, now a part of Eaton. What's really interesting is that my grandfather worked at Char-Lynn as a machinist back in the 1950's. Who knows, maybe my lathe was operated by my grandfather at some point.

The table that Rich posted should help you figure out which model you have.

To find out the details of when your machine was made, you can also join the Logan Lathes group on Yahoo. If you post your model and serial number there, Scott Logan will usually respond with the approximate date of manufacture and the original purchaser of the machine.

I also took the liberty of moving this thread to the Logan forum where it may receive a little more visibility.

Hey, LJF.

I have a Logan 200 with serial number 15012.
Cool I'm still working on mine. I have a new motor mounted in place of the old motor. Now working on the drive pullies. Get some belts and I'm ready to run !!! Looking pretty good just a very slow project . Really looking forward to do some projects on it.

Back