Old Cq 6230 Lathe - Same As Grizzly 4003 ??

BrianG

Registered
Registered
I have just acquired an old, unbranded lathe that requires some refurbishment and a few parts.

20150515_185216.jpg The only marking I can find on the machine is this lable:

The closest I can find to this is the Grizzly 4003 or the King KC1236 ML

Can anyone confirm that this might be a Griz 4003 equivalent?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I have just acquired an old, unbranded lathe that requires some refurbishment and a few parts.

View attachment 123259 The only marking I can find on the machine is this lable:

The closest I can find to this is the Grizzly 4003 or the King KC1236 ML

Can anyone confirm that this might be a Griz 4003 equivalent?
This is a picture of the gear head.

20151028_161825.jpg

It isn't the current G4003 setup on the controls. Perhaps the model which the 4003 replaced?

From my search that lathe is made by the Weihao company in China and apparently are still being made. Hope that helps.

And this is the machine
From my search that lathe is made by the Weihao company in China and apparently are still being made. Hope that helps.

This blue one is the new CQ 6230. Not the same unit, unfortunately

lathe cropped.jpg New 6230.jpg

Last edited:
And this is the machine

This blue one is the new CQ 6230. Not the same unit, unfortunately

View attachment 123261 View attachment 123318

Yes, the quick-change gear box and the power quadrant of the G4003 are identical to mine. The main gear box levers are oriented differently.

I am needing parts for the quick-change box and for the cross-slide, so those are the important cross-references that I seek.

Darn. You'd think that the Chinese would at least put something after the model number like cq 6230-?? so that you would know. You can try down loading the grizzly G4003 manual and see if most of the parts match. Good luck

Most of the 4003 parts are the same. Only the cross slide leadscrew is continuing to be a problem. Mind is 8 tpi and the Grizzly ones are 10tpi. I think I can straighten mine if I can't find a replacement.
I'd make one if I had a lathe!! LOL

Back