[Bandsaw] Old bandsaw

tommied

Active User
Registered
As if I had time to get to my many stacking up projects, now I have another. But I really wanted a vert bandsaw. A few pict. for your viewing. tommie

saw paddlewheel 003.JPG saw paddlewheel 004.JPG saw paddlewheel 005.JPG

Awesome looking machine----- what does it have for power?

Very cool looking machine. We need more details!! :biggrin:

-Ron

As if I had time to get to my many stacking up projects, now I have another. But I really wanted a vert bandsaw. A few pict. for your viewing. tommie

tommied,

I don't see the project in the photos you posted. What I see is the solution to some of your projects. The saw looks perfect to me. Don't you just love the old cast iron frames used in the olden days? Today they use some form of cheap formed sheet metal, steel weldments, or something.

Benny

That is a serious looking bandsaw, very nice find. Appears to be built like a tank too ;)

From looking at your pics, It appears to be in really nice shape as well. Post more pics , and infro about your new saw.

Nice Score!!

I always admire the artistic touches in the older castings. Another lost art. Those were made back when it wasn't just the bottom line that drove the design process. I suppose we couldn't afford to buy new equipment these days even if it were made. Sigh..........

It has a 2 hp single ph motor and I think it is geared too fast. Try to get more pictures up tonight.

It is far heavier and taller than I thought so going to have to remove top wheel to get in shop.
tommie

I would like to find one like that, and one of the old time Jig saw.

A few more pics and yes I plugged it up and its way too fast. 32inch wheels means 32inch throat. Already had wasp in it.

tommie

saw shop yard 001.JPG saw shop yard 002.JPG saw shop yard 003.JPG saw shop yard 004.JPG saw shop yard 006.JPG saw shop yard 007.JPG saw shop yard 008.JPG saw shop yard 009.JPG

Back