Ok.....unique One

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
I got handed 3 rather odd pistols. They are Turkish in mfg, I think. They are marketed by or for Echols under a brand name Jackal. They are semi or full auto 9mm......blank guns. I've played with them before, and yes, they are a hoot, although kind of expensive to shoot.

Now, I get them back, and they exhibit a dangerous/annoying problem. And I can't find a breakdown sheet on them to even disassemble them! The problem is that when you pull the slide back to chamber the first round, the sear does not hold the hammer and off we go...empty clip. Every time. One of the guns is newer, and is not consistent, but the other 2 are about the same age (not really old, only a couple of years) and probably less than 250 rnds through them. Factory or source is no technical help.

Pretty cool guns. Patterned very much after Beretta 9M.IMG_6409.JPG Anyone out there familiar with them and their potential problems?

I had seen that site, Toolmaster, but it just goes in circles for me....never a download on the manual. I'll watch the vid on it. May help.

Thanks!

Ahh Google-Foo working this morn. Toolmaster, I have worked on these a little before, and had already figured out how to field strip them, but thanks for searching out those video links. It reaffirmed that I was doing it right.

http://www.blank-pistol.com/urun/shop/EKOL_JACKAL DUAL.pdf

I think I found the problem, and it's basically a poor choice in materials and or heat treat. I can fix them, but I don't think it will last. Oh well. They're a blast to shoot when they are working correctly.

Back