Oil Can Source?

That's quite the endorsement. I'm sold!

If I wasn't absolutely certain of my opinion, I would worry but I'm not. Try one and I'll bet you'll buy another just to be sure you have a backup. They are no longer made (I think), hence the price. There are two cans - one smooth, one ridged but the mechanism inside is the same. I use one for way oil and the other for hydraulic oil.

If there is a better oiler out there, I would be very surprised.

There is. Also by Reilang! A push type oil gun. Works great for either the recessed or nipple oil fittings (any position) - you thread a different fitting on the end depending on how you want to use it. I wish I'd bought one years earlier. I don't see any on Jen's e-bay store. Contact him and I'm sure he'll fix you up (he is very good to work with).

I had some fittings that were hard to get oil into (they needed more pressure). The Reilang handles that easily.

There are other push type oil guns to be found on the internet - but the ones I found were not any cheaper.

Let us know how you make out. David

There is. Also by Reilang! A push type oil gun. Works great for either the recessed or nipple oil fittings (any position) - you thread a different fitting on the end depending on how you want to use it. I wish I'd bought one years earlier. I don't see any on Jen's e-bay store. Contact him and I'm sure he'll fix you up (he is very good to work with).

I had some fittings that were hard to get oil into (they needed more pressure). The Reilang handles that easily.

There are other push type oil guns to be found on the internet - but the ones I found were not any cheaper.

David, I saw that one and emailed Jens about it. I was going to buy it as a grease gun but had second thoughts because the one I have, also a pump type, works fine so I held off. I may eventually get one, though. Glad to know they work well.

Can anybody post a photo or two of an oil can tip that ACTUALLY pumps oil through a ball oiler?

I have several oil cans and NONE of them ever have put oil through a ball oiler. Constant source of frustration not to be able to put adequate lubrication down the throats of ball oilers. I would like to see what a tip looks like that actually works- if indeed such a thing exists. Then maybe I can go buy or make the correct something that will deliver sufficient oil where it is supposed to go... sorry for the testy tone of my post. I just don't understand why so many machine tools are equipped with such worthless devices as ball oilers.

Thanks much,
Glenn

A 6" vise is overkill for a RF45 style mill. A 4" is more appropiate for that size mill & IMO 5" max. I have a 5" GMT vise on my PM45 & it's slightly too big. Not enough Y axis travel to make use of the 5" full capacity. Better to save your money rather than getting something too big & most importantly the weight. I take my vise of the table quite often, a 6" is still light enough for me to be carried by hand but I'm glad I have a 5". I also have a 4" vise as well. I prefer the 5" though.

But those GMT 6" Premium vises are pretty nice. I'd love to have one but don't need one on my current mill. But if you plan on upgrading to a full size knee mill in the future than the 6" will be perfect.

Here's what the 5" looks like on my mill.
Img_1921.jpg

I couldn't even complete this cut without my bellows & DRO scale getting in the way. Not enough Y travel & the 5" vise is not even maxed out.
Img_7597_zpscb8b5dd7.jpg

Here's what a 6" vise looks like on another PM45 (gt40's)
View attachment 253544

A 6" vise is overkill for a RF45 style mill. A 4" is more appropiate for that size mill & IMO 5" max. I have a 5" GMT vise on my PM45 & it's slightly too big. Not enough Y axis travel to make use of the 5" full capacity. Better to save your money rather than getting something too big & most importantly the weight. I take my vise of the table quite often, a 6" is still light enough for me to be carried by hand but I'm glad I have a 5". I also have a 4" vise as well. I prefer the 5" though.

But those GMT 6" Premium vises are pretty nice. I'd love to have one but don't need one on my current mill. But if you plan on upgrading to a full size knee mill in the future than the 6" will be perfect.

Here's what the 5" looks like on my mill.
Img_1921.jpg

I couldn't even complete this cut without my bellows & DRO scale getting in the way. Not enough Y travel & the 5" vise is not even maxed out.
Img_7597_zpscb8b5dd7.jpg

Here's what a 6" vise looks like on another PM45 (gt40's)
View attachment 253544

Can anybody post a photo or two of an oil can tip that ACTUALLY pumps oil through a ball oiler?

This is a Reilang oiler with a tip that I rounded to work with the ball oilers on my Emco lathe. They seal really well and I can pump a large volume of oil through the oiler without leakage. The original tip is more pointed so oil leaked under pressure ... not anymore.

IMG_5362.jpg IMG_5361.jpg IMG_5357.jpg

Is "Jens" the guy that runs this site?
https://www.jensputzier.com

Back