Oil Can Source?

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
While the Eagle oil can project is on my list for my new lathe, I need an oiler before then (you know, you need tools to make tools, and so on...).

Where can I get a decent oiler (oil can?) for the ways, spindle, gears, etc. until I get the museum-piece Eagle clone built?

Thanks,
Evan

Forget the Eagle and buy a Reilang oiler - finest kind made.

Forget the Eagle and buy a Reilang oiler - finest kind made.
WOW! They are proud of their prices on them. They are nice! I'll stick with my Golden Rod oil cans that are oily to touch every time I need to use them.

I saw the Goldenrod cans. They are ok? I've seen disparaging remarks on import (Chinese) oil cans. As long as they'll work and depress the ball oilers on my lathe, I'm happy.

I saw the Goldenrod cans. They are ok? I've seen disparaging remarks on import (Chinese) oil cans. As long as they'll work and depress the ball oilers on my lathe, I'm happy.
They will not work very good on ball oilers! You have to find one of those POS ones for that. I try to replace ball oilers with Gits oil cups when I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this Reilang oiler for $70 delivered. Seems steep, but maybe it's worth it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JP-Reilang-...:g:pYkAAOSwaNBUexfP&item=262850141541&vxp=mtr

I had two Golden rods and several other American oilers with names I don't recall. None of them come close to a Reilang oiler, of which I have two. Reilang oilers work upright, canted over, sideways or upside down - all without leaking. They will pump a stream or just one drop, and they will do so every time. The cans are heavy cast aluminum. Yeah, they're expensive but I don't think I'll ever need another oiler in my lifetime.

Ken, I took the tips off my Reilang oilers and stuck them in the lathe to round the pointed tips with a file. Now they seal well on ball oilers just fine.

If there is a better oiler out there, I would be very surprised.

I had two Golden rods and several other American oilers with names I don't recall. None of them come close to a Reilang oiler, of which I have two. Reilang oilers work upright, canted over, sideways or upside down - all without leaking. They will pump a stream or just one drop, and they will do so every time. The cans are heavy cast aluminum. Yeah, they're expensive but I don't think I'll ever need another oiler in my lifetime.

Ken, I took the tips off my Reilang oilers and stuck them in the lathe to round the pointed tips with a file. Now they seal well on ball oilers just fine.

If there is a better oiler out there, I would be very surprised.
That's quite the endorsement. I'm sold!

Back