Oil can clone

Stainless:

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

Its a start. I may need some advice about brazing. What kind of flux?
I hope the OP does not mind me adding to this thread. I probably should have started my own.
R

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

Stainless:

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

Its a start. I may need some advice about brazing. What kind of flux?
I hope the OP does not mind me adding to this thread. I probably should have started my own.
R

That looks great! I would say start a thread in member's projects so others will see it and let the OP know he inspired you . I always like to know if I inspire someone.

Are you using 3/8 24 thread bolts? I want to start one but cannot find the fine thread bolts anywhere. especially the brass ones.

I will be looking for the rest of this project

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

15%2B-%2B1.jpg

That looks great! I would say start a thread in member's projects so others will see it and let the OP know he inspired you . I always like to know if I inspire someone.

Are you using 3/8 24 thread bolts? I want to start one but cannot find the fine thread bolts anywhere. especially the brass ones.

I will be looking for the rest of this project

Yes I used 3/8 x 24 x 1" cap screws. Fastenal has them. I got the brass tube off eBay. The base and lid were cast from old plumbing parts but could easily be machined from plate. Brass stock is too expensive so I decided to cast them.
I will take your advice and start a new thread. I will copy over more detail from the site where this was originally posted. That will make it easier for people to look through.
R

Last edited:
recently got this Cincinnati Tray top lathe it is a 12 1/2"X36" come with a three jaw buck, four jaw, stand with draws and some tooling very smooth machine the only thing wrong with it has a single chipped gear in the Quick change box that will be a winter project possible paint job, going to have to get used to that shifting and see about a gear, really like it and so did my wife ?

angle shot.JPG

carriage.JPG

chuck.JPG

speed selector.JPG

stand.JPG

Back