[Grinder] Odd Little Bench Top Surface Grinder

bdugh56

Registered
Registered
I am helping a friend sell off a bunch of equipment and tools due to the passing of his good friend. In the basement there was this small surface grinder which I can't find any info on. The pics aren't to great. I managed to find one tag on it but it gave no help. I was wondering if anyone out there has any info and maybe an approximate value.20150510_172504.jpg 20150510_172504.jpg 20150510_172338.jpg

I grew up right around that area, don't recall the name. I would think it should bring at least a couple hundred from the right buyer. Mike

Yeah I would imagine there would be a very fast learning curve with that machine.

Low speed wheel and welcome to the asteroid belt. Yes that is a very good point.

It is a "precise" grinder/miller. http://www.lathes.co.uk/precise/

Be very careful spinning it up. The bearings are super high precision, and are almost impossible to find replacements for. I have a precise spindle like that and the manual suggests that you start it slow and let it come up to temp before you run it fast. Most important if it has sat for a while! It is mainly intended for very precise small work with burrs, small mounted wheels, tiny drills and such. Not sure what it is worth without hearing it run.

Does some one have a manual for this Precise Super 65 and willing to make a copy? Tried the company but no response.

Back