Novice New To Machining

Did you see the reply on the other thread you started? I believe someone provided you some direction to your post about your machine.

Looks like it was made in Pakistan by Hafiz Lathe Machines (HLMPK). They have contact information on their web site. Maybe you could get a manual from them and/or contact them about parts.
http://hlmpk.net/Lathe-machines.html

Tom

P.S. This is the practice forum. You might get more responses in the Q&A forum.
I mean no disrespect sir, but how do you figure it is a hafiz lathe? Just because it looks like same? It can be smt lathe/ahsan lathe/mugalstar/ amir lathe(which is mine) but hafiz?
I have personally email/contacted not only hlmpk/hafiz but every possible Pakistani companies/manufacturer possible through Internet search but mostly no reply at all.

I will post email conversations between me and some of these companies in general forum according to rules.

How do the pictures become double and large?
Forgive my ignorance.
Thanks Rezwan

The picture part is easy. I edited the post. If you want big pictures, when you upload them, below the thumbnail size it will have thumbnail or full image. Click full image and that's what you get, big pictures.

"Billy G"

If you are referring to the larger pictures you did well. Congratulations on the upgrade of the post.

"Billy G"

I mean no disrespect sir, but how do you figure it is a hafiz lathe? Just because it looks like same? It can be smt lathe/ahsan lathe/mugalstar/ amir lathe(which is mine) but hafiz?
I have personally email/contacted not only hlmpk/hafiz but every possible Pakistani companies/manufacturer possible through Internet search but mostly no reply at all.

With all due respect, sir, I didn’t say it “is” a Hafiz lathe, I said it “looks like” a Hafiz lathe. Yes, because it looks the same and Hafiz manufactures their own lathes. I have no idea about the other brands. I thought maybe the link to their website might be of some help in your search for a parts catalog. Sorry to have wasted your time and mine. Won’t happen again.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

Sorry for being rude. It is my fault. I post without reading/ understanding.

And I was excited about hlmpk/hafiz company because I was hoping that they may contact me and point me to a direction relate to my inquiry but they did not.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here are some pictures of the lathe I recently acquired. Thanks to @Steve Shannon ,@TommyD
Now tell me how bad it is.

Edit: I am still convinced that this is the worst quality new lathe available out there and I wish anyone who is willing to buy something like this must think twice. (It cost me $1600 except motor,chuck,carrying and total $1900)
Does anyone has experience with this type of machines?

Last edited:
Back