November 9, 2017

We owe it all to YOU!

Thank you for your service!

Thanks to all the other Vets out there.

Bill, Have you got the wrong day or me. I thought the actual day was Sat the 11th.

In the USA, Veterans Day annually falls on November 11. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day.

But I think we should thankful of our veterans all the time.

Here in Ct. it is being celebrated today, the 9th. You are correct with history. The actual day is the 11th. Both are correct this yer. Tomorrow, the 10th is the Marine Corps Birthday.

"Billy G"

Today is Veterans Day and I can only think of one word. -------- THANK-YOU

"Billy G"
Thanks, I was in the Army Security Agency for four years and got out in August '71. That was not a good time to be in the military or even as a veteran because of the anti-war people Forty years later, an American Indian friend invited me to a "naming" on the reservation. A naming is where a person receives a name usually after an animal and in a native language. This fellow served his time in the mid-east during the "Desert Storm" conflict. In the Indian culture, the person to be honored gives presents out instead of receiving. After giving presents to a number of specific individuals, he asked for veterans. My friend told me to go up, but I protested because I was not part of the tribe. It was to no avail, other members told me to go up. I thanked the man for his service and he gave me this beautiful handmade glass feather. End up eating their native food (very good) and danced with them ( I was not very good). I never really expected nor really want a ticket parade. This however still leaves a lump in my throat.

The 10th is what is listed on the federal cal at the holiday off, so most gov offices will be closed.

Happy birthday to the Marine corp.

but it does not mater what branch you served with It is the fact that you served our country. I have to remind my wife that she has to stand up also when they call for Vets to stand, I may have retired from the AF but she also served.
Problem is that many of the things that are done to recognize Vets are only done for those that have an active or retired ID card, and that is a shame

Back