Not sure of the age. but pretty neat...

Definitely shop made.
Looks like it was set up to slit a specific slot in some part. That looks like a Palmgren vise mounted to a table that is rack pinion driven.

On the left front looks like a crank handle but it is in to far to be ale to make a full revolution. Looks like the max it could go is just over 1/3 revolution. Or the handle could be a way to disengage the movement once it hits a certain position. But agree that it looks like a it was designed to slit something.

They stated, that they looked locally and were informed that the going rate for one was nearly $1200
I will ask them who they contacted, to find more info.. did I say it is one heavy biatch....?????

Need to find blades to cut driveshaft splines.... then it might be more useful

Yes the handle is attached to a gear rack, but it is not one that would allow great length of movement but rather smaller amounts... I have not gotten into it too deeply yet as I have so many new toys to play with, like the 7 inch Ammco Shaper and the B.C.Ames bench top mill... Oh this winter will be a hoot :)

looks very handy and heavy duty---some more pictures of it would be nice to see---Dave

Back