Not a project to brag about

Just call the first one an experimental prototype.

There is not 1 machinist alive who hasn't made at least one mistake in his time machining. If someone says they never made a mistake then they are lying or have a really really bad memory. And most of us learn from those mistakes. ( notice I said Most ) :big grin:
The only people who have never made a mistake are those who have never done anything, which is a mistake in itself...

You learned a great deal........................in my book that IS a success!
Everything you try won't work but if you walk away with more knowledge then you are winning.

Also, your attitude is fantastic.

Be safe and keep having fun!
-brino

Edisen said he tried a thousand times to make the light bulb . When he finally made it work he said I now know a thousand ways of not making a light bulb. Well it's close enough, the meaning was keep trying till you get it right . His biggest accomplishments were never right the first time. One learns by there mistakes more ,Then they learn by doing and watching someone else . Hands on doing the work yourself is rewarding when your happy with the product you make. Just try to obey all SAFTEY rules. Ask for help and guidance we here are all willing .

Last edited:
Looks better than my 1st one:grin:
So I made another, and another till I made something that was at least acceptable.

I still waiste more material than I should:rolleyes: but I get better and better at setting up and measuring, and work holding, and using the right cutters, and setting the best speeds and feed rates, and reading directions, and planning order of operations.... you got it, lots of stuff to remember each cut and project :acne:

Have fun
Rich

Einstein said he tried a thousand times to make the light bulb .
Or maybe it was Edison. Anyway there is no time lost if something is learned. One of my first projects was a T-nut . Definitely not perfect but is still being used without being updated. Hopefully our mistakes become fewer as we mature at this hobby. Keep it up.
Dave

Or maybe it was Edison. Anyway there is no time lost if something is learned. One of my first projects was a T-nut . Definitely not perfect but is still being used without being updated. Hopefully our mistakes become fewer as we mature at this hobby. Keep it up.
Dave
Dah started with a e didn't it. That's what happens when you watch robin hood on tcm and mess on here. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Funny tho as I wrote it I new something wasn't right. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Back