No April Machines

dlhoulton

Registered
Registered
Wow, sure was hoping to see some exciting news and write ups of some post I've been following on some PM machines that looked like they were going to be April time frame deliveries. Specifically some PM25MV's and PM1127VF-LB's. Looks like maybe sometime in May!! I myself have ordered both of the aforementioned machines and have been biting my nails. Sure has been a long wait. I ordered both of them in mid Feb. I know Matt is at the mercy of supplier and shipping.
How is everyone else holding up that was hoping for an April delivery?

It just takes time... and Matt does not have much control until they reach his warehouse.

I waited from Oct of 2014 until the end of March for my 1340GT... however it was worth every minute of it.

PM machines are, IMO, a good buy!

I'm waiting patiently, I've been buying tooling and making plans..... Yeah, I was hoping for April, but it doesn't look like it now.

Yeah... the 1340GT's were supposed to be here by Christmas, then early Jan, then later Jan, then Feb, then early March... finally got here late March.

You probably will do better... however it is just one of those things... :)

When it gets here, you get it set up, and start using it... the wait will be forgotten quickly.

Same here T Bredehoft. I've got my shop all set up and ready for machine placement. Also have been collecting all the tooling and support stuff for the mill and lathe.
I knew right up front it was going to be a wait for them to come in. Matt was very up front about that. Just a little nerve racking not knowing an exact time or date and not to mention money invested upfront. But like the old wise man once said, "Patients grasshopper".

My PM1127 was estimated 10 weeks. That might be the middle of May.

Visit the site, view the picture,

http://www.machinetoolonline.com/PM-MV-BenchMills.html

Open the left picture, enlarge it by clicking, count the unpainted, partially assembled machines behind this nearly finished one. I count four bases with with X and Y components assembled, unpainted on work platforms in the process of assembly.
It appears that he received the machines either broken down, or unassembled, and does a considerable amount of assembly before they are ready for delivery.

I, for one, will be pleased to have my PM25 whenever I get it. I've been 15 years without a mill and another month is worth the wait.

T Bredehoft, I noticed that. When I first started looking at this machine I visited Matt's web site (around 2/15) and all he had was old pictures of half assembled older style PM25MV's. The one that had the "control" box on a boom attached to head. I asked if he had any updated pictures of fully assembled machines and he sent me the current ones on the site now. Not long after that he updated those pictures and also some stats of the current machine. I had a post pointing that out about how involved he was in either breaking down these machines or assembling and changing them with better quality features. No doubt he really goes through them and makes sure they are a "Quality" product.

I think I just had my million dollar idea, a machine tool simulator game for the computer. Bet I could sell them to all the guys waiting for their new toys! LOL

Back