No.2 bridgeport boring tool head save

Charles scozzari

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hello, I bought this Bridgeport no.2 boring head off e-bay some time ago and finally made the repair that was needed. The arbor threads were stripped beyond repair, so I made the adaptor using a R8 end mill holder and mounted to the ring that is drilled and tapped to the no.2 head. it is press fit and pinned so the tool is now usable again. Thanks for looking. Charlie.FBBDD1E8-9D45-4639-B813-DB11D7ACBB87.jpeg83699F9C-DB1A-43E1-B298-02D8E1734634.jpeg

When you say "arbor threads" do you mean the threads for the drawbar or threads at the opposite end of the arbor?

Or, do you mead female threads in the back of the boring head body, to receive an arbor?

If you had posted a picture of the damage, it would be easier to understand the fix.

Last edited:
Hello, I bought this Bridgeport no.2 boring head off e-bay some time ago and finally made the repair that was needed. The arbor threads were stripped beyond repair, so I made the adaptor using a R8 end mill holder and mounted to the ring that is drilled and tapped to the no.2 head. it is press fit and pinned so the tool is now usable again. Thanks for looking. Charlie.View attachment 400824View attachment 400825
Hello, you are correct. The threads that were damaged are the threads that accept the mounting arbor at the head. The damaged threads in the body of the head were machined clean to accept the stepped R8 end mill holder. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back