Nice Tool Grinder On E-bay!!!

Finster

Registered
Registered
I can't afford it right now. I can afford the machine but not the divorce it would surely cause. :grin: I'm by no means an expert but it looks like a nice tool grinder for sale on E-bay going cheap? Seems like it can be used for or converted to and end mill sharpener? It's "buy it now" for $800. I have no ties to it, I was just browsing and saw it. I figured it may help out a "single" machinist. Check it out and if it's some awesome deal please post the opinion. I know nothing about it but would like to in case I ever stumble on another. Link here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorton-265-...276467?hash=item4af95e24b3:g:m8UAAOSwKtlWjwkb

As it sits, it is designed to sharpen engraver / pantograph single point/lip cutters.

As it sits, it is designed to sharpen engraver / pantograph single point/lip cutters.
Looks like it may be useful for other jobs with tweaking. Hope it helps someone out. Seems top of the line. I bet it could be converted to a great end mill sharpener if someone knew what they were doing.

The best thing about it is that "forklift loading is free" if you read the description!:D:D:D:D:D If I did buy it, I think I would make them load it with a forklift....:grin::grin::grin:

Yes, the advertising is misleading. That is also a quite small grinder, and there is nothing in the pics to give you a size reference. You won't be sharpening 3/4" shank end mills on it, maximum size of the 4NS collets is 5/8", and those collets are pricey...

If you have a Gorton pantograph mill, then hell yes!

Back