Newbie From Canada

lt500r

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone my is Jeff I am from Nova Scotia Canada . I recently bought my first peace of machinery , a 12x24 Harrison lathe . So far I have enjoying learning how to use it but I still have a lot to learn .

later , jeff

Welcome Jeff,

If you "have a lot to learn" you have come to the right place. However please don't forget to share as you progress. We love new ideas and pictures.

David

Hi Jeff first lesson do not leave the chuck key in the chuck then turn on the lathe . next take all ring or neck laces off lol .that was day one for me 30 year ago I was 16 . next tools must be center height . when machining its all about clearance just have fun making things :)

thanks for the warm welcome guys . this forum dose seem to be a great place for a newbie like myself . I have been having fun doing the few projects I have done so far . The two things I have had trouble with is parting and figuring out what carbide inserts I need for the tooling that came with I lathe .

Welcome, Jeff. Keep in mind that, by posting your questions and projects, you help others learn as well. We all have something to learn and something to teach.

BTW, Ken. I lived in the Exeter area in the '60s. Go, Huron County!

Welcome + 1. As stated this is a good place with a lot of knowledge and experience; all willing to help, and something can be learned from every thread.
Have a good day
Ray

Back