New to me BusyBee benchtop mill

Thanks Bernie, I'll take whatever literature you have.

The dia is 2.5" and the main column is 3".

I was just looking at it and wondering how do I adjust the head to align it to the table? The head pivot point has the pin for 90, but I need to fine adjust it now. I'm out by at least .125 end to end on the table.

View attachment 63794View attachment 63795

I can definitely tell you. There is no fine-tune-tram knob or anything, but you loosen the bolts that clamp to either of the two knuckles right at the head just enough to move it in either axis.

I see them in the pics I quoted here.

Also, PM me your email and I'll send you the Rusnok Fixture Mill PDF.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, I tried the front left knuckle but it's not moving because of the 90deg locking pin. It's not moving an inch with that in place. I am going to try to move the horizontal column out a bit and then see if I can get some rotation on it to adjust the head. It's using a keyway and may give me enough play to get it right from left to right.

Once I get that done hopefully front to back I will be good. If not I don't think I can do much because the other knuckle also has a locking pin. But over 5-1/8" I'm hoping its not going to be very far off.

I can definitely tell you. There is no fine-tune-tram knob or anything, but you loosen the bolts that clamp to either of the two knuckles right at the head just enough to move it in either axis.

Bernie

I just went out to the shop (getting cold out there) and tried the horizontal column lockdown and was able to move the head a couple inches like I wanted and was able to tram the length of the table. Then I went to the fron/back tilt knuckle and had enough play to get it trammed front to back.

Thanks Bernie.

I also looked around how to keep the head from swiveling when I am raising and lowering the head, I found a key in the box I got with the mill, there was a plugged up set screw hole in the casting to hold this key in a keyway to keep the head from moving. I pressed the key in with just my hand as I lowered then head and then checks and was only off by less than 1thou. Probably good enough for me once I get a screw made to hold the key, everything is metric on this and I have no metric hardware supplies. I've got dies to cut the M6x1.0. Maybe I'll make a nice knurled knob for the setscrew.

Bernie
perhaps you could send me the pdf also I have a mill just like it . had it a few years now works well regards jack

Sounds good, Steve.
You must have a long bar on your micrometer set-up if you were able to tram the full length.
On mine I can only swing up to a maxx of about 6" around the spindle.
On my head it tightens down with 4 bolts and I just barely loosen them and give a gentle tunk on the side of the head with a rubber head mallet to make it move.
If I loosen them too much the head is a bear to manhandle since it is real top heavy.

The real test of how well you trammed it is when you use a large diameter fly cutter.

I also placed an indicator directly vertical in the chuck and then moved around the table its pretty flat. I put a 3" long piece of 3/4" round aluminium in the vise and cut a 1/4" keyway. Took a very light cut for the first pass and was surprised at how even the cut was from end to end, I didn't think that vise was going to be that good since I just put it in the v grove. Gotta goto the metal place and pick up some chunks of aluminium to play with. Need a mill project now.

I also placed an indicator directly vertical in the chuck and then moved around the table its pretty flat. I put a 3" long piece of 3/4" round aluminium in the vise and cut a 1/4" keyway. Took a very light cut for the first pass and was surprised at how even the cut was from end to end, I didn't think that vise was going to be that good since I just put it in the v grove. Gotta goto the metal place and pick up some chunks of aluminium to play with. Need a mill project now.

Fantastic man!
It is a great machine!

Bernie

Back