New to me Bridgeport Textron

Thanks guys for the help, checking the S# BR 227671 puts it at 1982.I have to say this is the first machine(metal&wood) that does not need to be gone through to clean off oil, grease,chips well you know stuff,but I may do that serious cleaning and painting this fall.Its a plug & play machine,but when I get a chance and learn alittle more I do want to start it up and just hear it run before its put away in the corner with my Clausing till I have time to put these to use.
Now a question on the powerfeed.On the plate of the motor it says 90vdc-100vdc but there is no DC voltage on this machine.There is a transformer that drops down the voltage to 120v,also the cord on the feeder has a 110v cord on it and on the side of the machine is a plug but it may be for the light(I was hoping the pic of the light would show the plug).Any thoughs on the power feeder motor?

Your power feed is a genuine Bridgeport 6F power feed and the circuit board for that 90VDC source and all electronics is right behind the control plate and bottom of the power feed. In my opinion the best power feed you can get, congrats! After time, the 6F can have a few issues and then that’s when you hear/read the bad rap they can get. But that’s from people that do not know how to fix the electro/mechanical issues correctly. They can be fixed and it’s the best power feed you can get. If you need any assistance with getting the feed up and running please PM me…Good Luck.

Seller:He was fantastic,in the pics of the first post you will see big blue ratchet straps.I have never stood beside a BP mill before nor knew what one weights so I show up with my little 1"wide Home Depot straps.Sellers laugh alittle after we got it loaded and said "those straps just won't do,you can have these"."Why are you selling this BP,this is everyones dream machine" I ask?Well like most of us its not having the time.Seller is or was a machinist by trade which is where he pick up the mill at work.But over time he move on and now goes offshore to work on platforms,so just did not see any time in the future to do some playing.Said that when he gets home he wants to spend time with the family.Guys we loaded the mill and a 30ton press then move on to the accessories which most were in the ad but he added alot more.I explain that I know nothing about milling so I really could not appreciate the value of these cutters and attachments unless he pointed them out,which he took the time to pull out each cutter and let me know about what they cost,all are American made.
For me and I may be eatting my words later but this is the last machine I will purchase,the money that I will be making later will be for tooling and going to the Clausing/BP if needed for repairs.
For today/tomorrow I'm on alittle home vacation to put the Atlas mill together and post it on CL so that I can have alittle more room.Heres some pics of stuff that I also purchase with the mill,so for now this concludes this show and tell.Guys if any comments please do so if you know what some of this stuff is for,I will have to do some research to figure this out.Thanks for looking----kroll

hmm, couldn't get the pictures to show up.

Anyway, in the first one with the tooling, the T-shaped things in the red cover are telescoping bore gauges and are SUPER USEFUL. You loosen the nut at the end of the long part, hold the expanding bits in and tighten the nut. Then you put it into the bore/ hole you're trying to measure (they have a range, so pick the one that will fit the hole), loosen the nut so that the bits spring out into the sides of the bore, wiggle it around a bit until you're sure it's touching the sides properly, then tighten the nut again. Pull it out and measure using a micrometer. I bought a set and never again will I use a caliper to measure a hole!

Parallels are pretty self explanatory - you use the ones that will get your work above the jaws of the vise so that the cutter won't hit the jaws but you still have enough of your work in the vise for a good hold. You'll figure that out with practice, as I am.

Big ass drills for drilling big ass holes

Nice large ball end mill

V-block and clamp, can use this to hold round stock and then clamp in your vise

Some what look like woodruff key cutters

loadsa collets

T-nut hold down set for mounting stuff to the table. Might be worth finding some 1-2-3 blocks to hold stuff up from the table.

Great score, you'll have an awful lot of fun with that mill!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back