New to machining! Need info on a milling machine I purchased!

POCKEE999

Registered
Registered
Howdy all! New to the machining world. Been looking at lathes for a long time. Finally the perfect opportunity presented itself to pick up two machines at a local scrap yard. They have a Hardinge TFB lathe and a Chinese milling machine. I've done a bit of homework on the lathe and I've found a ton of info on it. The milling machine on the other hand has completely stumped me. It's a Older Chinese unit made in 1980. The name tag on it says San Yueh Industries. Everything online points to that company manufacturing textiles. The machine appears to be well built and everything seems to work. But it's missing a few knobs and parts so I wanted to find more info on it. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

The mill is a pretty typical Asian clone of a Bridgeport series 1 mill. Parts can probably be found to fit it, but will need to be found by the actual dimensions, clone parts are whatever they are, and some modifying may be needed to make them fit. Looks like a good score!

The TFB, if it is in OK shape, it a super score!

Welcome to Hobby-Machinist!

TThe TFB is in decent condition. Only thing is it's sitting outside right now in the weather. It's missing a few parts. Also how much harm would I be doing to the value of the mill if I painted it a different color?

IMG_0826.JPG

TThe TFB is in decent condition. Only thing is it's sitting outside right now in the weather. It's missing a few parts. Also how much harm would I be doing to the value of the mill if I painted it a different color?
Paint It any color under the rainbow as you wish. The machine doesn't care.
My color that I use is Rustoleum "Smoke Gray".

If you find another lathe like that give me a holler. If I may ask how much did they cost . I need to go to that junkyard. I'm close about an hrs south of you.
Oh welcome to the site , I'm disabled in a wheelchair but down waiting for spine surgery . Maybe if I get out of pain and getting around ill see ya. If you need help ill do what I can. Lots of experience in many areas.

Back