New Project

I got it all back together and it looks really good. Used antisieze on the threads. Got the scope mounted but ran out of daylight to get it bore sighted. Can't wait to burn some powder. The reamer had no play in it after reaming the chamber.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

Looking good, thanks for sharing your project with us Joe.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the info and instruction to make this project possible. With out that help I don't know if I would have attempted this. It's just a hobby for me, but I wanted it to be right. Not just kinda, sorta, maybe. After this, I know I don't want to have to make a living doing this. Nobody would want to pay 30 cents per hour for the amount of time it has taken. LOL

I put 3 rounds through it today and cleaned it. Some copper fouling but not a lot. Couldn't see any copper in the bore so it must be fouling in the leade where the reamer cut it. Took about 10 rounds to smooth up the Shilen barrel and I used the same reamer so it will probably take as many on this 1. I resized the brass and got .0005 shoulder setback with FL die touching shell holder. This was some reformed Lapua and neck turned brass.

Last edited:
Back