New Project - Emco Compact 5 Cnc

AR1911

Active User
Registered
As if I didn't have enough unfinished projects, this followed me home this week.

IMG_6223.JPG

It has "needs", so I'll be looking for some stuff: Motor and drive parts, cross-slide, and steppers. I'll use a new stepper driver and a generic BOB, running either EMC or Mach3.

That electronics cabinet is the latest version and in excellent shape. I'll probably list that in the classifieds shortly. Also have the Basis and Instructor manuals.

Next: Teardown, cleanup, evaluation

I'm new to CNC and looking to suck up as much information as I can. I'll be watching your refurb with interest.

Tom S

Tom, I'm pretty new too. I have a cnc mill that is 85% done that I haven't touched in months, plus 3-4 other unfinished projects, so please be patient :)

Tom, I'm pretty new too. I have a cnc mill that is 85% done that I haven't touched in months, plus 3-4 other unfinished projects, so please be patient :)

I'm a patient guy. Took me a year to build my mill. Still learning and working out the bugs.

Tom S

When you decide to tear it down, message me. I may be interested in the control.

Thanks,
Rick

Back