New Pm1440gs coming soon to nj

richl

Active User
Registered
Talked with pm on Friday to get an idea when the new shipment is coming in... reply: barring and unforseen complication, Tuesday or Wednesday, a few days to prep, day to truck to nj . Should be a week away for me, the garage is getting closer to ready... as an avid collector of anything cool, mechanical, greasy... I had to let loose of 2500lbs of garbage and stuff... a massive purge lol

Really looking forward to having a great machine to really learn on. The enco 13x40 has been a great training ground for machine repair, and trouble shooting Chinese machines. The skills I have learned on that machine may or may not help here, but I am super psyched to have a brand new machine and not someone else's banged up toy (2 machines came out of schools, and 1 out of a medical research machine shop)

So, this is my place holder, I know it's a bit early, but I'm a excited and really looking forward to this... yea!!!!

Rich, acting like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning

I will have to live vicariously through you for a week. I am out of town next week so mine can't be delivered until the next week. I am also looking forward to having a new machine. Moving it in my shop will be a chore, but well worth it.

Purchased 125ft of 6 3 wire tonite at home depot, an engine hoist from harbor freight. I roughed most of the inside wiring sat, and sunday. I will run the main feed to the garage over the next night or 2. The previous main feed was put in the 50's I don't trust it, not worth playing around for a couple hundred in wire... my brother will stop by this weekend and do the hookup.

I will weld his helmet in exchange. He does medevEl fighting, you know, swords, shields, full face helmets. I always give him a hard time about it, at 53 years old he should be slowing down some.

Down to the end here, should be able to do this this weekend, and if the lathe shows up saturday, even better. I ordered the 8" 4 jaw upgrade from pm...

Rich

Know that feeling, we are probably close to 2,000 pounds of "good stuff" moved out of the shop. Gotta empty a storage room to convert it to a reloading work area and clear a new spot for the 12x36 in the main room where it will be clear on all side. There is so many things stacked in the shop thats not related to shop activities. Thats changing, all the household items must begone! Crap hasn't moved in 20 years.

The biggest problem I have had is siblings and relatives consider your 3 car workshop public storage. The t come and dump stuff off when I'm not here and before long I have no work space. Than I tend to collect things too, but we aren't talking about me ;)

Rich

Hozzie, you will probably be getting your machine the same time as me. Pm is only able to tell me they are waiting for the machines to be brought to their facility from some warehouse location in Pittsburg. Hopefully by the end of next week the waiting will be over. I have some things to do before I can hook up the machine anyway. My brother is set for Sunday. I can't wait to get the shop powered up again. Arc welder, mig are waiting for me ;) my mill is begging for me to let it eat up some metal chips... woo boy hehehe

I'll get the 13x40 working and tuned up anyway. If I do sell it, I want to get it working under power and as precise as possible...

The wait continues

Rich

I haven't heard anything yet, but didn't expect to really. I had my back go out yesterday so even if it shows up next Saturday, I will probably wait for a bit to move it. Nothing like lying on the floor not being able to get up :)

I'll make room. I will have mine running day one if I have to temp the power in! But I do have some work I need to get started. :distant:

I was told around 4 weeks back on June 28th, sounds like it may be about right. :encourage:

Back