New Pm1236 Lathe

tymcneer

Registered
Registered
I placed my order for a PM1236, with the preferred equipment package and the Easson 8a DRO.

Now it is just a waiting game for the check to arrive and clear, and for the shipping company to deliver.

Accessories have begun arriving. The headstock/gearbox oil is in, along with a live center (I do a lot of tubing work, and the one which comes with te machine is too small :( ), and a bunch of BXA tool holders. Once the lathe is in place, I am going to ask a friend to print me some BXA tool holder racks which clip onto the back splash. The hope is to make this a more organized shop than the last one.

Here is to waiting and counting the days.

Ty

Congrats on the new lathe. The toolholder rack was one of the first mods I made to my lathe. I did not have one on my previous lathe and wanted things more readily available or handy on this one.

Mike.

Both of my previous lathes were without tool racks, and I find it to be very annoying. The idea behind the new shop is to become more organized, and hopefully, more productive. I suffer from a lack of time and a wish to make cool stuff, so organization seems to be the key. Fortunately, I have a very organized GF, and she is working with me to mend my ways. The tornado in a toolroom style of organization is on the way out. :)

Ty

A quick update... My check has arrives at QMT. They will be in touch when the lathe ships. This is as bad as waiting for Christmas as a kid. ;)

Ty

Many of us have felt the same waiting for our machines. But when 'Christmas' arrives, all that will be forgotten... :)

Another minor update...

Nicole has been gracious enough to get my machine onto a truck on July 5. Hopefully it will arrive on July 6 or 7, and I will have Friday and Saturday to lean on my friends for help moving it.

Ty

I am sure you will enjoy that lathe! I know you bought from the best people around!

After a bit wow arm twisting and promises of time in the shop, I have a couple of friends coming by to help with the heavy lifting. Life will be much easier with their help.

Ty

Back