New PM 940V-PDF-and 3 axis DRO ordered!

scattermaster

Registered
Registered
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been on here.
September 1st, I ordered a PM-940V with the power down feed and a 3 axis DRO installed.
The site says lead time "late fall".
Before I placed my order I called them to ask if they can narrow that down at all.
Now, I can't exactly remember what the guy said but it amounted to a NO.
Has there been any chatter about them doing a fall order and when anything might happen?
Thx,
Jim

Last edited:
I don't know about Precision Matthew's ,but I have had problems with delivery dates on parts and materials. It just seems to be hit and miss. The plastic Windows for semi trailers axles were in short supply. I am still waiting for over a month for aluminum roofing for a mobile home. Some odd sizes of agriculture fires are not even available. Don't know the reasons. Just have noticed some of the fall out. Most everyone has been happy with Precision Matthew's so I hope the wait is worth while.

Think of it as a winter delivery, and then be pleasantly surprised if it’s still fall.

Think of it as a winter delivery, and then be pleasantly surprised if it’s still fall.
Yeah that's really where I'm at.
I know they have no control over what's going on in the world. I just thought / hoped someone on here knew something that I don't.
thx

I have both a 940M mill and a 1440GT lathe I purchased from PM. The Mill I purchased before Covid and so was before the supply chain problems of today. However, know that the 940s comes from China via boat..... through the Panama canal and up the East coast to multiple ports before being unloaded shipped to PM in Pittsburgh. After PM gets it they will then ship it to you. So yes it takes a while. At that time Matt actually gave me link to the ship it was on so I could track the shipping boat's progress. So once it is actually shipped it still takes time. So even if they had it is stock in China on Sept. 1, and shipped it immediately it would probably not have arrived in the USA yet!

I have both a 940M mill and a 1440GT lathe I purchased from PM. The Mill I purchased before Covid and so was before the supply chain problems of today. However, know that the 940s comes from China via boat..... through the Panama canal and up the East coast to multiple ports before being unloaded shipped to PM in Pittsburgh. After PM gets it they will then ship it to you. So yes it takes a while. At that time Matt actually gave me link to the ship it was on so I could track the shipping boat's progress. So once it is actually shipped it still takes time. So even if they had it is stock in China on Sept. 1, and shipped it immediately it would probably not have arrived in the USA yet!
Add more time as they don’t ship one or 2. They ship when they have enough machines ready to fill containers. With costs now, they will be utilizing every cubic inch of space.

Still waiting...
I emailed PM. As of Feb2, they said:
" The latest is that they are finished at the factory, and will ship
right after their New Year, which is happening now for about a week. So
if they ship in Feb, that puts them here late March or in to April."

No updates since then so I assume they are still at the factory.

I'm not blaming PM for the delay,It's just frustrating. I'd change to a different machine but i need the work envelope that machine offers.
Getting a knee mill with the same envelope is just too expensive and too heavy.
Some of what I will be working on is pretty tall.
Jim

I ordered a PM-940V in early December. First, they said I’d get it in late March. Just a few days ago, they said late June. I’m considering other options, but not crazy about the expense of an equivalent knee mill.

Back