New Pm-935 Coming Soon!

I've used the JNEV and the newer L510 model. Personally I thought the JNEV had more useful features but depending on what you're doing both will work well. This mill was setup using the L510.

It has been shipped. Projected delivery date is 4/26!

Won't be long now.

Looks very nice! The longer I hang out here, the bigger mill I think I need!:confused:

It's here!

The driver backed up to my shop overhead door, put the crate on the lift gate, lowered it to about an inch off the ground, then backed the left gate and crate right into the shop.

He wheeled it off the lift gate with the pallet jack, and set the crate right next to its new permanent 'spot'.

I spend a few hours making s base for it, lifting it 7". I know the wood base looks a little sketchy on the outside, but on the inside it's not. The 4 corners have thick hardwood pads on the inside that the machine sits on, transferring the load directly into the concrete and spreading it over 100 square inches of concrete.

IMG_20170425_161424802_zpsu3jk0u89.jpg

Here it is level and on the floor.

IMG_20170427_164403134_zpsebc3d2bk.jpg

IMG_20170427_164425875_zpsygdxhrhi.jpg

Now I'm shopping for a vise. I'm kinda leaning toward a Glacern, but not sure if I want a 5 inch or a 6 inch.

Anyone have pics of either size? How much does a 6" hang over the back of the table?

Pretty base. Not knowing much about wood, I wonder how it will hold up over the years?

Curious about that myself. I'll put a level on it periodically and monitor the compression in the wood.

Or if you mean aestically, holding up to oil, etc, I polyurethaned the hell out of it.

Ken,
Machine and base look great! I went with a 5" Glacern for my PM-932 based on recommendations and pictures here.
Check for DarkZero's thread on his mill - if I recall he has some good pictures of the 5". Unfortunately I have my vice but still awaiting the arrival of my mill which should be here toward the end of the month.
Mark

I opted for the 6in Glacern on my PM935 and don't regret it. I lose maybe 1 inch on overhang on the column side but having a bigger work envelope is priceless.
If you have a DRO scale mounted on the back of the bed you lose almost nothing.

Back