New Pm-25mv

I built it with a 12 Volt windshield wiper motor, direct drive with a speed controller, it goes from nothing to 10 inches a minute. No rapid, however.

When I had my PM25 I bought the x-axis pf from Griz for their G704. I don't recall if I had to make any mods to the drive or not, but I don't recall having much difficulty installing it. Worked real well too. :)

Congratulations on the new mill! Double check with Matt on the x axis power feed as I have one that I got from Matt last year.

As I was building my X feed, I installed a ball bearing on left end of the table. Even before the motor got in place, I realized that that bearing reduced the friction by 1/3. I just bored a hole in the cast iron end piece of the table for the bearing.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but i was wondering if you know how to remove the z axis leadscrew
i already removed the hand wheel and the pinions but i don't see a way to remove the bearings that keep the lead screw attached to the cast iron part.

thanks in advance guys

Its been too long. There is a key in the Z lead screw, above the bearing, in a sleeve, I believe. That has to be removed. Be careful, I dropped two keys in that column. Wish I could remember it better....Computer crashed, lost images.

This is the part

IMG_1503.JPG

I clamped a Vice-Grip on in and worked it out. Then dropped it.

Back