New Model Grizzly G0750G Gunsmith Lathe

My catalog had a loose coupon in it but the discount didn't apply to "machinery purchases". BTW, got an email from Grizzly, my lathe shipped and should be here by close of business tomorrow!!!

My catalog had a loose coupon in it but the discount didn't apply to "machinery purchases". BTW, got an email from Grizzly, my lathe shipped and should be here by close of business tomorrow!!!

My 2013 catalog doesn't have one. Guess I am not that good of a Grizzly customer.
It's printed on the outside of the back cover and can be used for your entire order, including machinery! :))

M

I just ordered a G4003G. I looked at the G0750G and liked that it's lowest speed was 60 vs 70 rpm for the 4003. I didn't like that the range of threads in the new transmission was not listed anywhere and the product manual is not yet available. I emailed Grizzly and got no answer there either. Being as everyone with a G4003G is happy as a fly in a septic tank I decided to play it safe and go for that one.
That information is on the Grizzly site if you look. First is the G0750G, next is the G4003G. M
G0750G.JPG G4003G.JPG

G0750G.JPG G4003G.JPG

That information is on the Grizzly site if you look. First is the G0750G, next is the G4003G. M
View attachment 51852 View attachment 51853
Thanks for the info on the threading ranges. I was afraid the enclosed gearbox might have a smaller thread range. The G750G only goes to 56tpi but the G4003g goes to over 100tpi. (112 I think) Where the heck did you find that, I spent hours on the Grizzly site looking for that info. I guess I just missed it. I'm looking at my 2013 catalog right now and there's no coupon or deal or anything like that on the back cover. There just a bunch of small tools like palm sanders that are on sale for president's day. Anyhoo, thanks much for the info I'm glad I made the right choice (for me) with the G4003G Ed P

Thanks for the info on the threading ranges. I was afraid the enclosed gearbox might have a smaller thread range. The G750G only goes to 56tpi but the G4003g goes to over 100tpi. (112 I think) Where the heck did you find that, I spent hours on the Grizzly site looking for that info. I guess I just missed it. I'm looking at my 2013 catalog right now and there's no coupon or deal or anything like that on the back cover. There just a bunch of small tools like palm sanders that are on sale for president's day. Anyhoo, thanks much for the info I'm glad I made the right choice (for me) with the G4003G Ed P

IMG_1747.JPG The threading information is in the PDF spec sheet, under the pic of the machine on the site. My 5% coupon is shown in the pic, but don't copy the code as it's already been used when I ordered a G0755 Mill (should arrive in July).

IMG_1747.JPG

View attachment 51857 The threading information is in the PDF spec sheet, under the pic of the machine on the site. My 5% coupon is shown in the pic, but don't copy the code as it's already been used when I ordered a G0755 Mill (should arrive in July).
You must be a VIP, my catalog doesn't have that. Best of luck with your G0755. The trucker just dropped of my G4003G in the garage about a half hour ago. I'm jonesin to open the crate but I can't until I build a ramp and wheel it up about 10 inches to get into my workshop. I cut a pair of 2x10's so they fit thru the door and attached heavy duty casters on all four ends. Next I'll attach them to the crate so I can roll it. Ed P

You must be a VIP, my catalog doesn't have that. Best of luck with your G0755. The trucker just dropped of my G4003G in the garage about a half hour ago. I'm jonesin to open the crate but I can't until I build a ramp and wheel it up about 10 inches to get into my workshop. I cut a pair of 2x10's so they fit thru the door and attached heavy duty casters on all four ends. Next I'll attach them to the crate so I can roll it. Ed P

VIP...lol :))

Don't forget to post plenty of pics of the crates being opened and the assembly of the lathe (very nice, I'm jealous).

M

Don't forget to post plenty of pics of the crates being opened and the assembly of the lathe (very nice, I'm jealous).

M

I just looked your G0755 milling machine! You're jealous??? I'm jealous! I wish you were my neighbor!

M
The 2x10's with the caster worked out great. Once I jacked the crate up and got the pallet out I bolted them on and I could move the rig around with one hand. rsz_dsc_0225.jpgrsz_dsc_0226.jpgrsz_dsc_0227.jpgrsz_dsc_0231.jpgrsz_dsc_0235.jpgrsz_dsc_0240.jpgrsz_dsc_0242.jpgrsz_dsc_0245.jpg

rsz_dsc_0225.jpg rsz_dsc_0226.jpg rsz_dsc_0227.jpg rsz_dsc_0231.jpg rsz_dsc_0235.jpg rsz_dsc_0240.jpg rsz_dsc_0242.jpg rsz_dsc_0245.jpg

... It's amazing how much work it is just to uncrate and setup a lathe!

Back