New mill

The smaller PM machines have the same plastic gear. I'm not sure if all the gears are plastic but there is one problematic one in particular that always gives-up. For a while, Matt was supplying them with metal gears but, most folks buy those machines for CNC conversion and switch to belt drive anyhow. He switched back to the plastic because the metal ones were costing 40 bucks more yet, he didn't raise the price on the machine.

FYI: Matt took a short vacation (1st time in a long time) and is working on a skeleton crew back at the camp.

Ray

Ken, (or Ray if you see this)

I see the hi/lo knob on the side of the head so I know it's a gear drive inside the head. Are these metal gears? Are the spindle drive gears metal as well?

I sent an email to PM asking for more info on the PM30 but I'm not sure I want to deal with a machine that large/heavy, and I haven't heard back anyways.

Yours seems a good compromise between my little LMS and the PM-30 long table. :)

Any and all information you can provide will help. If this violates the sites policies, send me a personal msg.

Edit: Do you know if a power feed is available for this mill?

Bill

So there's a belt-drive conversion for this mill? Or somewhere I can get the metal gears? (no, I can't make gears yet) :)

I don't know the site address but there's a yahoo group devoted to CNCing the 20, 25 and 30 mills. I'd guess Matt can get metal gears or point you to where they're available.

Ray

So there's a belt-drive conversion for this mill? Or somewhere I can get the metal gears? (no, I can't make gears yet) :)

Back