New mill

KenL

Active User
Registered
Yea I finally received my new Pm25 mill today. One handle was broken but everything else looks ok. I haven't cleaned it up or started it yet. Are there any big do or don't I need to be aware of before I get started on it? Can't wait to get it up and going!

Glad to hear you have a new machine but sorry to hear something got damaged.

Let's see some pics!

Ray

Yea I finally received my new Pm25 mill today. One handle was broken but everything else looks ok. I haven't cleaned it up or started it yet. Are there any big do or don't I need to be aware of before I get started on it? Can't wait to get it up and going!

Picture

image.jpg

PMlathe_zps564d0034.jpg

That made my neck hurt.:))

Nice mill. Next on my list after a DRO for my lathe.

PMlathe_zps564d0034.jpg

Anxiously awaiting your impressions, as someday I hope to get the same machine. Did it come in a crate? Was it damaged?

Nice looking machine. Have fun. :)

Miller. It came in a plywood box. The box was in good condition when I received it. When I took the box off one of the handles was broken. Not sure how that happened? It doesn't take much to break the handle the way they are made. Everything else seems fine. Broken handle is small problem. As long as everything else is ok I will be happy. One thing I am still looking for is lubrication of the head. I haven't found anything in the manual about it? Can anyone here share some info on it for me?

Ken: Do you have it up and running yet? Curious as to your impressions about this machine. And...as I can't afford mine yet, I'll just have to live vicariously through your experience! :)

Bill

Bill I have ran the mill to do a couple of small jobs. So far I am really pleased with it. I have found a new old stock power feed for the long table. I am trying to figure out how to mount it. One thing I am planning on making a heavier stand to mount it on or re do the stand that came with it. It is a nice looking stand but not heavy enough . It is top heavy. Do you have any experience mounting a table power feed?

Back