New mill ordered

KenL

Active User
Registered
Well after a Lot of looking and finally ordered a new Pm25 mv mill form Matt today. He said it is about 6 weeks out. Can't wait to get it in. Also he made I change in the motor and control board. Hope it works well.

Hey Ken, congrats! Is this your first mill?

I'm sure you'll love it. Are you going with a DC motor by any chance? Matt's been talking about that mod for a while now.

Ray

Well after a Lot of looking and finally ordered a new Pm25 mv mill form Matt today. He said it is about 6 weeks out. Can't wait to get it in. Also he made I change in the motor and control board. Hope it works well.

It will be the first mill that I personally owned. It's my understanding that it has a new dc motor that Matt has requested.

Cool. If it's the one he told me about, that's a very expensive motor and good quality. He's been hunting for the right one for over a year.

Ray

It will be the first mill that I personally owned. It's my understanding that it has a new dc motor that Matt has requested.

Yea I am excited to get it. But it will be a few weeks. Guess I can be clearing out a space for it.

Thinking about LMS Mill with fixed column

Hi,

I am about to purchase a mini mill. I am leaning toward a LMS Mini Mill with the fixed column. The reason I am leaning toward this mill is that I understand that LMS products arrive ready to go and do not require extensive cleaning and set up. I'd like to get the opinion of forum readers on that issue. I am a brand new machine user having essentially only seen these units being used and not having any experience actually machining.

My needs will be very simple. I expect to work mainly in soft brass in the .010 to .040 thickness range. A big job for me would be accurately milling a slot 1.5" long by .50 inches wide in .020 brass. The reason I need this mill is to be able to accurately place that slot exactly where I want it and have it come out straight and square. I could hack it out with a motor tool, but I refuse to put my name to inaccurate work.

Extra cost for the LMS over the price of HF, Grizzly etc. is OK if they are a reliable customer service oriented company.

Opinions welcomed.

Last edited:
i bought a LMS mill about 2 years ago. I didnt have to do extensive cleaning, but it does need some cleaning/adjustment. but i think any item you buy even used mills, need cleaned and adjusted (or in some cases rebuilt). I wouldnt let that factor into the buy. Chris from LMS is a good guy, and i am sure Matt is also. customer service is what really seperates them from the grizzly/ harbor freights of the world.

Back