New member looking for info on an old tool.

RWanke

Registered
Registered
Hey everyone. New member from the southern Indiana area. I have always been interested in machine work. I took 1 year of machine shop class in high school. Every place I have ever worked had working machine shops and would "hang out" whenever possible trying to pick up any knowledge I could. I also took a machine shop course at the local community college about 8 years ago (and passed with an A :) ). I have also got years of experience doing fab work for various vehicles and projects I've owned over the years. My last job was at a local boat yard where the boss (knowing me for years) gave me the opportunity to be his machinist on a couple old machines he acquired after I hired in, learning on my own as I went. I recently obtained an old South Bend lathe that I hope to start restoring this winter.

I also have an old Cenedy Otto arbor press that I am trying to find information on which led me here. I look forward to spending much time here reading posts to pick up information and most likely some inspiration for more projects.

Welcome. Spending time reading is a good way to start. That way, when you encounter a problem you may have already read about it. We're all willing to help, almost none were born ruining machines.

Welcome to the site. We are all glad you are here and participating.

Back