New member from Michigan

JimT-72

Registered
Registered
Hi and thanks for the addition to the forum. I am a self taught woodworker, metalworker, former private pilot single engine land (NOT self taught, lol), rc aircraft buff, current pistols owner. I started with rc as a teen, began woodworking at a young age and carried on with that for many years. In the late 80's I started metal working and really enjoyed that to the point that I stopped most of the wood working. I am self taught with lots of input from my Dad, who was an apprenticeship trained tool and die maker. Eventually I ended up building 3 nice home workshops through the years, and at the last home shop I spent probably 10 % of my time woodworking and 90% metal working. I am now 63 and health issues as well as a need to downsize (move to a different house) I no longer have most of the tools and machines. I really miss my mill (bridgeport series 1 variable speed with power draw bar) and my South Bend heavy 10 lathe. I hope to end up with a lathe and a mill at some point, been looking at some of the Precision Mathews equipment. In the meantime I want to keep in touch with the fun things from the past and contribute what I can. Thanks, Jim.

Welcome to the forum, Jim! Your story is similar to many of us here, so you should fit right in...

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your input. There are many great machinists and hobbyists here.

Roy

Yes Welcome! Any input is appreciated here so I think you will enjoy it. The PM machines are nice by the way.

You have just joined the coolest site on earth.
Welcome aboard.

Jim, you are among friends here. We understand.

Welcome to HM.

Back